Nigeria is blessed with loads of talented makeup artists doing great things, but presently, these are my favorite ones…
- BANKE MESHIDA of “BM PRO” – Banke is probably the most successful makeup makeup artist in Nigeria, her clientele includes the biggest names in Nigeria, from Governors wife to leading powerful women.I know her works immediately i see her signature perfect brows. Banke also has her own beauty line which icludes face powders, brushes, lipsticks, and much more.
2. JOYCE JACOB BEAUTY- Joyce Jacob is one of the best MUA’s in Nigeria right now! Her looks are always subtle yet striking, with impressive clientele that includes international stars like Angela Simmons, Malika Bongo, and supermodel Alek Wek. She also gives tutorials in Nigeria and United States.
3. JIDE OF ST-OLA – Two interesting facts most people do not know about Jide is he is a self-taught makeup artist and the younger brother to the popular DJ LAMBO. Jide is a breathe of fresh air to the beauty industry in Nigeria, his looks are always so subtle and can equally be as glamorous, very clean and captivating. i do not think i have seen any of his work i did not like.
4. BIBYONCE- i call her the Queen of glow!!! When you see a celebrity on makeup with a face shining beautifully like a Diamond, just know its
5.ANITA BROWS- I think we all consider Anita as Toke Makinwa’s and Peace Hyde’s official makeup artist. She keeps these two powerful women beautiful at all times, all her looks on them is a hit back to back.
6. RONKE RAJI- Ronke loves glam makeup and i love her for that, she is a Youtube vlogger with thousands of subscribers. She loves her glow,bold lips, dramatic lashes, and her Hair game is on another level. She is based in the US and has over 200k instagram followers.
7. DIMMA UMEH- Dimma is probably the only Nigerian that has admitted to not liking “dodo” publicly, like who does not like ‘dodo’? Dimma has a Youtube channel with over 100k subscribers, she gives reviews, tutorials on her channel, always looking stunning and her beauty tips always work!. She recently featured in a LUX campaign with MAJU.